Pasta and Norwegian salmon complement each other well, and the cheese sauce makes this dish extra tasty. Garnish with a few fresh herbs. This is a simple, everyday dish.
• Cut the salmon into cubes approx. 2 cm in size, and season with a little salt.
• Cook pasta as instructed on the package.
• Add peas to the pasta for the last 3 minutes of its cooking time.
• Heat the cream thoroughly in a pan, add grated parmesan and stir well. The cream must not cook after adding the cheese.
• Drain the pasta when it's done, but keep a couple of tbsp. of the cooking water.
• Add salmon cubes and olive oil to the pasta and gently mix.
• Cover the casserole with a lid and place on the stove on low heat for 5 minutes, until the salmon is done.
• Cut basil into strips and add the cheese sauce and basil to the casserole with salmon, pasta and peas.
Serve with bread on the side.
Tip: Instead of parmesan, you can try a few tablespoons of pesto, or if you are looking for something that will really add relish to the dish, the parmesan can be replaced with a slightly smaller quantity of blue cheese. For a milder version you can use mild cheese.
600g salmon fillets
4 portions pasta
250 g peas, frozen
3 dl cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tbsp. basil, fresh